As many of you probably remember, I went back to my natural roots as a blonde a couple years ago. I spent a great deal of time researching, talking with my hair stylist, and changing my hair care routine to help my hair get healthier during the process. One of the biggest changes I’ve made is that I only wash my hair 1 to 2 times a week. I always thought it was better to wash my hair frequently, but it actually isn’t! My hair is healthier and less oily than it’s ever been.
So today is wash day! I love washing my hair using my favorite Luseta products that are formulated with salon grade standards. I began using Luseta products a couple years ago and have seen a huge change in my hair health! I especially love their Glossy Pearl Shampoo and Conditioner.
In honor of it being wash day, I’m sharing my top 5 hair health tips that have helped my hair heal and grow!
1. Washing your hair only 1-2 times a week. My hair is so much healthier now that I don’t wash it as frequently.
2. Washing with Luseta products. All of their products are sulfate-free, paragon-free, cruelty free and safe for color-treated hair! Ditch the junky hair products and start using products that aren’t harmful.
3. Sleeping on a satin pillow. Sleeping on a satin pillow helps minimize static and doesn’t rough up the hair cuticle as much.
4. Avoid tight hair ties to help reduce breakage and friction of hair cuticles. I opt for scrunchies or clips instead.
5. Get a quality brush and brush before washing! Not all brushes are created equal which is why having a good quality brush is so important. Brush before washing to reduce knots and help prevent breakage when washing.
I hope these are helpful! I have been able to get my hair healthy again after a long journey and am always looking for new tips so if you have one, make sure to drop it in the comments.