One of my favorite comfort foods in the winter is soup. Most soups are packed with carbs though! With living a low carb/Keto lifestyle, most soups just don’t fit into my macros. I began using Brodo broth last fall when I discovered they shipped straight to your door. Talk about convenient! They can sit in the freezer and when you need them, you just defrost them and use. They have wonderful flavor. Plus they are great for brazing, cooking, and even just in a warm bowl to enjoy. This recipe in particular I made at a whim as I was really craving some soup. It was super easy and actually turned out to be a family favorite.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
•1 pound chicken breast
•4 cups of chicken broth (I prefer Brodo)
•2 cups of riced cauliflower
•3.5 oz of cream cheese
•.5 cup of heavy whipping cream
•2 oz of butter
•A minced up clove of fresh garlic
•1 tbsp fresh thyme
•2 tbsp Italian seasoning
•salt and pepper if needed for taste
1. Bring chicken to a boil in a saucepan covered by water. Bring the chicken to a boil and let it simmer to cook the chicken tenderly for 15 minutes. Set it aside for now.
2. In the saucepan, melt the butter and add in the garlic. Sauté until cooked.
3. Add in the chicken broth, riced cauliflower, cream cheese, thyme, and one tbsp of Italian seasoning. Cook over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
4. On a cutting board or in a bowl, shred up chicken breast. Add 1/2 of the shredded chicken breast to soup. With a hand mixers, blend until creamy and smooth.
5. Add the remaining shredded chicken breast. Once fully heated, serve with some Italian seasoning and cheese or any desired toppings.
I love this also for the fact it can be stored up to 5 days! This means it is great for meal prep or lunches. Perfect for summer or even when you have had a cheat day and are wanting to hop back on the Keto wagon. Either way, it is delicious, filling, and the perfect Keto friendly soup. Enjoy!