Lake Tahoe is a perfect getaway location no matter if it’s mid-summer and your looking to hit the lake with some family and friends or if it’s winter and your ready to hit the slopes and relax by the fire with some drinks. My husband and I recently did a 48 hour getaway to Lake Tahoe. Lake Tahoe is known for its clear, blue water and stunning mountains. People travel all around the country and world to visit. As a mountain girl myself, I was awed by the beautiful landscape with many outdoor activities as well as shops, casinos, and indoor fun. After planning our quick trip(yes, I’m a planner no matter how quick or long of a trip we plan), I set my eyes on a few different spots and am here to tell you my top 5 must do’s when going to Lake Tahoe for a quick getaway!
Top 5 Must Do’s When Visiting Lake Tahoe
1. Heavenly Village. Now, no matter if you are staying in South Lake Tahoe or over in Incline Village on the North end of the Lake, Heavenly Village is a must when visiting the area. Between one of a kind shops, casinos, restaurants, escape rooms, and Heavenly Ski Resort, there is surely to be something for everyone. The road is lined with shops filled with artisanal items, spas, clothing stores, and even unique sodas. Catch a ride to the top of the mountain on the gondola to see some of the most spectacular views of the lake or grab a bite to eat at the state of the art restaurant at the top. Come back down and watch a movie or go ice skating. Afterwards, have some fun at one of the many casino resorts including Hard Rock, Harrah’s, and Harvey’s.
2. The Puzzle Room. Located right off of US-50, test yourself in one of The Puzzle Room’s unique escape rooms. It was my husband and I’s first experience doing an escape room and they did not disappoint. Walk down the stairs and get locked away with only you and your playmates left to find hidden clues, codes, and pictures to solve the puzzle. Sabrina was absolutely amazing and truly got us in the moment as we tried finding our uncles hidden clues in order to escape the lost cabin! With 3 different options to choose from as well as an additional escape room at Monte Blue, you are sure to have an unforgettable time.
3. Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa, and Casino. Located in Incline Village with 422 guest rooms including suites and private lakeside cottages. Hyatt prides themselves in excellent services, unique views, private beaches, and many amenities for the whole family. Walk in and be greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne or apple cider while surrounded by a warming, cabin style lobby. We stayed in the Family King Suite and were blown away by the beautiful room views and spacious suite. Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort offers year around heated pools and hot tubs, Still Water Spa, 24/7 casino, fitness center, and many dining options including their lake side restaurant the Lone Eagle Grille. Bring the whole family and enjoy your stay at Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa, and Casino.
4. Alibi Brewery and Taproom. My husband and heard so many amazing reviews about the Alibi’s brews we had to check it out for ourselves. A quick few minute drive from Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe, we found ourselves in a unique locals spot filled with friendly faces, laughter, and amazing brews! All of their beers are made with 100% Tahoe water which means you are truly are drinking one of a kind brews. They offer a wide variety of dark, light, sour, and hoppy all on tap as well as some unique ciders and wine. The bartender was quick to help us decide on on the of their many on tap options and let me tell you coming from a girl who isn’t huge on beer, I was blown away by how crisp yet smooth their Kolsh was as it. We had fun sipping and talking while learning a bit on how it all started. Before leaving, we grabbed some of our favorite in a can to bring home. This is a must stop while in Lake Tahoe; not just for their awesome brews but for the fun experience.
6. Sand Harbor. Now, this place was not as easy as I thought it would be to locate! Not that it is truly hard to find. Truthfully, it’s very easy but because many locals and photographers keep it quiet. After seeing many stunning pictures, I did some digging and asked around at our resort. To my shock, it was only a couple miles away from our Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe. Sand Harbor is internationally known for having some of the most beautiful sunset spots on the lake as well as some of the most beautiful rock landscapes piercing out of the bright blue water. It costs $10 to enter but well worth it. We spent about two hours exploring and it wasn’t near enough. In the summer, there is a perfect sandy beach equipped with life guards. Walk through a nature trial learning more on the animals local to the area and jump through the rocks to find hidden coves perfect for dipping your feet in.
Now, Lake Tahoe has got to be one of my favorite places we have ever visited. There is a little something for everyone no matter what you are looking for. Although we could probably stay here a week just exploring, I was pleasantly surprised how much we were able to fit into our two day trip all while still relaxing on the beach or by the fire with good company and a drink in hand. I am already looking forward to visiting this beautiful lake again.