Today I’m celebrating my 25th birthday. Woah, I’m 25 years old. I’m starting to feel old especially when I think about the fact that I’m closer to 30 than I’m closer to 20. The past year has been the best year of my life. I have been so blessed to be living the life I always wanted.
I’m ready to be 25 and thriving! I definitely think that the next 5 years will be the best yet! I’m finally at a point in my life where I’m happy, healthy, and successful. I wake up every morning excited. I couldn’t ask for anymore! In honor of turning 25 years old today, I’m sharing 25 facts about myself.
25 facts about me:
1. I originally wanted to be a high school history teacher. All through out middle school and high school I had plans to become a history teacher! I’ve always had a passion for history. I excelled in school and even to this day often do research and indulge in my love for world history.
2. I’m 5 foot 6 inches tall. Many people who have followed me on Instagram and my blog have always thought I was shorter since my husband is a foot taller than me. But I’m in fact a little bit above average female height.
3. I love pizza! Pizza is by far my favorite food. I could eat it a couple times a week and never get tired of it.
4. I never did more than a couple college classes. Yes, it’s true! I planned on going to college but besides a couple classes, I never finished. For my career, college is nothing but a waste of money. I’m, still to this day, thankful I never went back to college after having my kids.
5. I grew up poor. Growing up on state aid was normal for me. I think that is why being 25 with a decent savings, being debt free, and a home owner with a thriving career is my biggest accomplishment besides my family.
6. I’m a hopeless romantic. I love any and all romance novels, movies, songs, etc.
7. I’m happily married to my high school sweetheart. Matthew and I met officially on my 18th birthday while I was finishing up my senior year. Our beginning was a bit rocky at times, but we have been happily married since June of 2016. I can’t even imagine my life without him. He is truly my best friend and soulmate.
8. I have a love for traveling. From a young age, I found my love and excitement for traveling. My goal now is to do my first international trip.
9. I love where I live. Besides the crappy laws and regulations in California nowadays, I love where I live. I honestly wouldn’t want to raise my children anywhere else. I love the small town community. I love the mountains and all they have to offer. And I love that the beach is just a short 2 hour drive away!
10. I dress in neutrals more than color. More often than not, you can find me dressed in neutrals. It’s a hard habit to break!
11. I am obsessed with boba tea! I could drink it at least once a day if I let myself.
12. I hate weird textures. For example, even to this day I’m not a huge fan of tomato’s! The texture of them really bothers me.
13. I love tattoos. When I met my husband, he had already began getting tattoos since he was 15. It took me until after I turned 21 to get my first, but I quickly became hooked! I now have 6 and already have plans for my next 3.
14. Leggings are life. I have a serious problem with ordering too many leggings. I have two full drawers of Fabletics you guys! Two…
15. Washington is my favorite state I have visited. I’ve been fortunate to visit a lot of states in my years. In fall of 2020, we took a trip to Seattle and I fell in love with Bainbridge Island, Snoqualmie Falls, and Washington as a whole. I would totally retire there!
16. I love my Subaru. I always pictured myself in a cute mom SUV. I never wanted a mini van, but figured a cute mom SUV would be my thing. Wrong! I’m obsessed with my Subaru. My husband and I purchased our first Legacy in 2019 and loved it so much we just bought me mine two months ago. We are definitely a Subaru family!
16. I’m not a normal mom, I’m a cool mom. When I became a mother, I knew I wanted to be a cool one. So here I am with a 4 and 6 year old sporting ripped skinny jeans, crop tops, tattoos, and a strong opinion with a whole lot of sass. But my kids are my world and my biggest goal is to give them everything I didn’t have. Cool mom and all.
17. My favorite color is rose gold. Over the years, it’s changed a few times. But for awhile my favorite color has been rose gold.
18. I am a morning workout person. I will workout at anytime, but I prefer to workout in the early morning.
19. I am a optimistic realist. Some may say this is bad, but I’m definitely an optimistic realist.
20. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I love everything about Christmas! I start decorating our house in November and go a bit overboard.
21. My husband and I bought our dream home right next to the National Forest. It often makes me laugh thinking that even though I moved around a lot before moving back to my hometown, I still ended up planting roots right next to the forest I grew up going to with my dad. Literally I look out my living room window and see the beautiful mountains. It’s a dream come true!
22. I believe in ghosts. Yes, I totally believe in ghosts! I have had a few moments where I know I had presence of a ghost. Kinda scary, but also totally cool.
23. I’m not a huge fan of wine. Perhaps I just haven’t found a wine I like, but to me it isn’t enjoyable or even slightly good. I also can drink only one glass and wake up the next day feeling hungover. It’s not fun!
24. My favorite pass time is reading. I have loved to read since I was young. I would get lost in books as a kid. For awhile I stopped reading. Last spring I picked up my first book in years during a storm and have read over 100 books since. Go me!
25. I love getting older. Sure, I’m not a fan of aging necessarily. But I love getting older and enjoying more of life. Since I was about 21, each year gets better and better.
I can’t wait to see what this year has in store for me! I am so ready for some new adventures, to work hard, and to live this beautiful life of mine.