I have been living the Keto lifestyle for almost three years now. I have lost over 100 pounds and feel better than I ever have. Keto is a low carb, moderate protein, and high healthy fat diet. It has become more of a lifestyle for me, than a diet. But if you are like me, getting a sweet tooth here and there is pretty common. I have found it hard to satisfy my sweet tooth while still eating Keto. One day I was in the kitchen after baking with my kids when a light bulb came on. See there is nothing more satisfying than taking a bite of a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Even better if the cookie has nuts! It is no secret that cookies are one of my favorite desserts, so why haven’t I created a Keto friendly chocolate cookie?
That’s when I grabbed my favorite Keto bark, The Chocolate Trader Milk Chocolate Almond Bark, and got in the kitchen to create! After a few tries, I created my all time favorite Keto cookies and they are only 1 net carb per cookie. They are perfect for snack, an afternoon treat, or a long day reward after dinner. My kids and husband even love them! My husband had no idea they were low carb and healthy, which I call a win. The Chocolate Trader Milk Chocolate Almond Bark brings the perfect chocolately flavor with a salty almond flavor making these the perfect sweet and salty goodness! What’s even better is these cookies are not only Keto friendly, but gluten-free, paleo friendly, and dairy free.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 16 cookies
• 1 Egg
• 1/2 cup erythritol. We prefer Pyure
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour.
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup of chopped The Chocolate Trader Milk Chocolate Almond Bark
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and cover pan with parchment paper. You can also use non stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the egg and Keto friendly erythritol until smooth. Then mix the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract until blended smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry and wet ingredients to one large bowl until it forms a smooth dough like ball.
4. Chop up The Chocolate Trader Milk Chocolate Almond Bark into small pieces(similar to size to chocolate chips). Add the bark to the dough until it is spread out evenly.
5. Using a small scoop, scoop the cookie dough evenly onto the pan. Lightly press down with a sugar spoon to flatter the cookie. Dough should make about 16 cookies.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. The middle make look a little undone but they will continue to cook in the middle while still on the pan. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
7. The cookies will still be soft so I recommend transferring to a cooking rack to continue to let them cool down for an additional 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, the cookies should harden on the outside but stay soft and gooey on the inside. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days. Talk about delicious!
I hope you enjoy these scrumptious, yet healthy cookies as much as I do! The Chocolate Trader is a staple in my pantry. Their Keto bark and chocolate covered almonds are my go to for baking. They also make for perfect snacks and desserts while still sticking to your Keto Lifestyle.
Head to Amazon to order my favorite products from The Chocolate Trader here. Use code LoveTCT50off for 50% off.
*Macros will vary depending on specific brand used for recipe*