So before I start, I am by no means no expert… But I did loose 100 pounds in 10 months on Keto and doing these 5 things! After testing them out, I truly do believe these 5 tips are the key to not only loosing weight but getting healthier!
1. Drink at least half your body weight in water oz’s. I drink a gallon of water a day minimum but drinking at least half of your body weight in water will increase your energy, boost your metabolism, and detox your body!
2. Walk an extra 1-2 miles a day. In addition to your regular walking, do a 1-2 mile walk. Doesn’t have to be a crazy work out or anything but boy does it help! I started with this and it helped tone me more than I thought possible from just a little extra walking.
3. Get your carb intake from vegetables. This helped me so much. They are healthy carbs and vegetables are a great way to not just loose weight but give your body the nutrients it needs.
4. Find an eating plan that works for you and your lifestyle. I can’t recommend Keto enough, it changed my life. BUT! Some people don’t like it or can’t do it for whatever reason which I understand. So I recommend researching and finding one you like, even if it’s portion control!
5. Each with kid plates. Now you can get small portion plates and utensils but I’m a mom and this is cheapest. Before, I over ate way to often. When I began using smaller plates I put less food on and I was surprised how full I got.
These are my top 5 tips but I do have more of course!
•Hot water before eating.
•12oz of cold water right when you wake up.
•Cut out all soda, including diet.
•Read your food labels.
•Don’t have second portions till 10 minutes after you have finished eating.
•20-30 minute work outs.
•Have a designated cheat meal/day. (For some this may not matter but it actually helps me stay on track)
•Have a sweet treat that is healthy to curb your cravings.
•Take before photos and have your goal photos.
•When you feel hungry, drink water or green tea.
•Don’t give up, you can do this!
When I started my weight loss journey I had no idea how far I would make it but I was determined and pushed even when it was hard. I went from a tight 2x to a M. No matter what, stay true to yourself and know you can reach your goals to a healthier you!